Skip to content

AHCA - Proof of Financial Ability to Operate


The Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) was staturorily created by Chapter 20, Florida Statutes as the chief health policy and planning entity for the state of Florida. For initial license applications, or change in ownership (CHOW) applications, AHCA requires Proof of Financial Ability to Operate. 

A Certified Public Accounant (CPA) must compile, examine, or apply agreed-upn procedures to prospective financial statemetns, inluding summaries of significant assumptions and accounting policies. All schedules must be prepared in accordance with general accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and must meet the specific requirements of 408.810(8), 408.8065(1), and 400.471 Florida Statutes. This is the most complex, and critical part of the licensing application. If the report is not prepared by a CPA with vast experience in the area, chances are that AHCA will deny your application, and have you re-start the application process. In-fact, we constantly receive clients that previously hired CPA's without experience in this matter, and their applicaitons were denied. 

Fortunately, you will not find an accounting firm with the expertise and experience we offer to Assisted Living Facilities. Ronnie Espigul Garcia CPA, our Managing Partner, has been an investor and business advisor in the Health Care industry for more than 10 years. Ronnie is an Administrator, Certified by the Agency of Healthcare Administration (AHCA), with over a decade of experience. His first venture with Assisted Living Facilities (ALF) was in 2010. Since then, he has served as Administrator, Owner, and Advisor for ALF's and other healthcare providers.

We succesfully prepare dozens of AHCA Financial Abilitity to Operate every year. For clients approaching-us after their application was denied using the services of other CPA's, we succesfully help them by correcting the originial applications, through a hearing/appeal process representation, and/or new application preparation.

These forms must accompany any Initial or Change of Ownership (CHOW) application for the following health care provider types: 

  • Addult Day Care Centers (ADCC)

  • Assisted Living Facilities (ALF)

  • Intermediate Care Facilities for the Developmentally Disabled (ICFDD)

  • Prescribed Pediatric Extended Care Center (PPEC)  

  • Health Care Clinics

  • Home Health Agencies 

  • Hospice

  • Home Medical Equipment

  • Skilled Nursing Facilities

Leave to Us.

If you’d like to learn more about our services, simply fill out the contact form. It’s that easy!

Contact Us

Ask a Question

Find comfort in knowing an expert in accounting is only an email or phone-call away. (786) 706-5900

We Are Here to Help

We will happily offer you a free consultation to determine how we can best serve you. Contact Us

Send Us a File

Use our convenient SecureSend page to securely deliver a file directly to a member of our firm. Secure Send

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Subscribe to our monthly emailed newsletter to receive news, updates, and valuable tips. Subscribe